Lego Tales: Cannes Lions Winning Ads


This Lego campaign from Germany won a Silver in the Outdoor category of the recently concluded 2012 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. I love that you can immediately tell it's Bert & Ernie even with just a few Lego bricks.


Did you recognize the Smurfs?


What about Donald and his nephews?

They remind me of Noah's Toy Story creations here...


This is what I love about Lego: how, with creativity and imagination, you can create anything out of those tiny, colored bricks! It is the perfect, perfect toy!

And it has been for 80 years! The Lego Group just celebrated its 80th birthday on August 12 with an animated short film here about how the company began. Turns out, Lego means "I put together" in Latin. 


Echoing my thoughts, the creator's grandson Kjeld narrates, "With a child's imagination, Lego could be anything in the world - over and over again. The imagination is the limit." The perfect, perfect toy! Happy birthday Lego! 

Photos are my own, a screenshot of the video here and from here.

Click here for previous posts from the Lego Tales series. 

Comments

Popular Posts