jellybean art


I looove candy. But it took me a while before Jelly Belly caught my attention. Sure, I love their cotton candy & tutti-frutti flavors and the feast of colors every box brings. But it was only when they came out with their Harry Potter Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans was I wowed!


It amazed me because grass really tasted like grass. And earwax and booger really seemed like what they would taste like, if someone ever dared taste the real thing. Vomit and sardines were the most awful for me! I hope I never have to taste them again, but I was impressed! I was thinking that the flavor guys at Jelly Belly are true artists!

And they are! See how they made a Harry Potter artwork out of jellybeans!


Peter and Roger Rocha made more art out of jellybeans.


And recently, director Greg Jardin created Kina Grannis' In Your Arms music video with 288,000 jellybeans.



Watch the incredible video here.

The behind-the-scenes video starts with a wall of translucent containers filled with the truckload of jellybeans donated, of course, by Jelly Belly - segregated by flavor. I just love the idea of so many jellybeans organized by color! It took 22 months to recreate 2,460 frames out of differently colored jelly beans with 1 still camera, 2 ladders and a jellybean animation team of 30 people. Here's a behind-the-scenes look at the process. Absolutely amazing!


Who would have thought one could make amazing art out of jellybeans?

Have a wonderful, colorful weekend!

Photos from here, here, here, here and here. First discovered via adverblog and now, Kina Grannis has guested on the ellen show!

Click here for previous posts from the art series.

Comments

Popular Posts