How many of these cartoon character silhouettes created by Bob Flynn can you name? If these were of current cartoon characters, I will bet Noah can name all of them. Because based on these quotable quotes of his, he has been watching too much cartoons!
- When I told Noah he was getting so thin, he replied, "I need air. I need to pump myself in the mouth!"
- On an out-of-the-country trip, we bought Noah a Buzz Lightyear toy. Towards the end of the trip, when we had already packed most of our things, Noah was looking for Buzz. When I told him Buzz was inside our luggage, Noah made sounds as if he was Buzz trapped inside, yelling a muffled "Huulllppp!!!"
- I overheard Noah talking to his Lola (grandma) about his tutuli (earwax). Weirdly, he seemed to be bragging that they were "like teeth. Like rock." Alarmed, his Lola said that he should clean his ears everyday. She asked, "Don't you know how to clean your ears?" Noah replied, "But my eyes cannot be long naman. That's just in cartoons!" And I could already imagine what he was thinking... A cartoon character with his eyes popping out of his head to peek at his ears!
- While watching Spiderman, Noah shot me a puzzled look and asked, "How can Spiderman talk? He might make laway (spit saliva) on his mask!"
- One night, before bedtime, Noah just blurted, "I don't know why Patrick's using Spongebob's brief and Spongebob is using Patrick's brief. Because when their pants got ripped, I saw Patrick wearing yellow and Spongebob wearing a pink brief." I was not only surprised by his curious observation, but also by the fact that he was thinking about it late at night, way after the show was over.
- We were playing Guess What Animal I Am. Describing a monkey, Noah said, "My eyes turn in[to] hearts when I see a banana..."
See? Noah has been watching way too much cartoons!!!
Cartoon silhouette photo from here. So did you recognize the characters? I named 28! What about you? How many were you able to name?
Click here for previous posts from the Noah Says series.